Would you like to see another brand new Speculators Podcast episode,?
I recently sat down with Bran Barrett, a triathlete trader from South Portugal.
Bran’s a family man, trading intraday and managing over a dozen products!
He got started out in trading as a discretionary trader way back in 2011…
So over a decade in the game (just like yours truly).
What I discussed with Bran:
- The results that come from lots of backtesting
- Protecting your portfolio via automation
- Creating his own “signal of mass participation” indicator
- His favorite timeframe for intraday trading
- Bran’s probabilistic risk system
- Improving profitability by scanning your “controlled losses”
- Finding the balance between simplification and a complex trading strategy
- The objective characteristics of high quality breakout trades
- Risk strategies for newer traders
- Finding your realistic R:R with statistics
- Why intraday trading is the best form of trading
- Managing your mental energy tank
- How long you should trade per day
- Should you trade while travelling
- Who is your real competition in trading?
- The true definition of a profitable trader
Bran’s got some great perspectives.
Especially his definition of a trader I hadn’t heard phrased that way before…
But it really explains what we do in our profession and what our goal is in this life we choose.
Enjoy the podcast…Happy Trading!