Today I’ve got a very special guest with me on the Speculators Podcast – Matt Kenah aka PAX from the CME Trading Floor.
Matt was somewhat of the Nasdaq bulldog in the 90s, getting rich-rich by his early 30s.
But then a series of events unfolded…
Putting him back to square one – and forcing him to drive Uber!
Some of our topics today:
- Which markets he trades
- His trading style based on his pit experience
- The effect of new computized volume on trading in 2003
- Matt’s stint trading Hog Futures
- The meaning of his nickname PAX
- Effects of the 2008 crash on his portfolio
- How many trades per day he takes
- Average hold time of trades
- The four emotions Matt requires to trade his normal size
- The perks of Trading Music
- Why to split up your post-market analysis sessions
- The special secret of the 91 year old chairman of the CME Group
- Favorite indicator (glad he chose this one)
- The trading surfing analogy
- Tips to succeed for retail traders
- When to scale in to your trades
- Why crypto moon-boys won’t make it
- Number one thing to look for in a mentor
- Thoughts on Jesus
As you can see… quite the gamut there.
Matt’s an experienced veteran… we could have gone another hour I am sure.
He’s planning to keep his new wealth using his hard-won lessons from the markets.
All the newer traders out there will definitely get very useful tips from this interview.